Host Miner Welcomes You!
Host Miner brings you the latest news, reviews and discounts in the web hosting industry. In recent years, the number of companies providing web hosting services has grown exponentially, making it trickier and more laborious for new webmasters to find the most appropriate and reliable host for their website. Our goal is to provide the best education, help and offers to enable any webmaster - especially tyros - make a fully considered decision when searching for a web host.
In general, hosting services can be categorized according to quality and level of sophistication under five categories: The Cheap, The Affordable, The Business Class, The Semi-Dedicated and The Fully-Dedicated. But, what does each of these titles entitle?
- Generally costs less than $5 a month.
- Provides little, very limited resources (disk storage, bandwidth, email, database, etc.)
- Good for beginners who are still testing and learning about websites and how they work.
- Frequent server down time and slowness expected due to large number of users sharing it.
Small websites, personal/amateur blogs and beginner webmasters.
Less than $5 per month.
- The most common and searched-for type of web hosting.
- Provides decent, reliable service for very reasonable prices.
- The resources included are usually enough to efficiently serve most personal, educational and small commercial websites.
- Not suitable for e-commerce or very active sites, though.
- Server shared by many customers, but not as crowded as the case is with cheaper services.
Personal websites and blogs, educational resources and start-up commercial sites.
Plan prices range from $10 to $20 per month.
Business Class Hosting
- Designed for business and e-commerce websites.
- Adequate resources and features to host an all-inclusive online store without having to rent a whole server for it.
- Features may include: dedicated IP, SSL certificate (https), dedicated RAM and CPU, guaranteed up time, faster server, data backups, virus and malware protection, and the ability to host multiple websites/domains in your account.
Business hosting is perfect for small/mid-sized e-commerce websites, online stores and any kind of commercial website looking for dependable and guaranteed hosting services.
$20-$50 per month.
- Recommended option if you run a large and active website or blog, but cannot afford a dedicated server.
- Server is shared only by a few customers leaving each of them with plenty of resources to make use of.
- Massive storage space and bandwidth, high RAM & CPU usage quotas, dedicated IP/s, ability to host many/unlimited domains, higher up time and more.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting falls under this category and provides a lot of flexibility, independence and customization options.
Large blogs, forums, media-rich sites and e-commerce websites.
$20-$100 per month.
- The ultimate form of web hosting, in which the whole physical server is yours to make use of.
- Allows you to freely customize the server, install whatever you want on it and take full advantage of its resources (hard disk, RAM, CPU, data transfer).
- Maximized and customized security settings.
- Managed and unmanaged plans available for webmasters with advanced/mediocre technical experience.
- Different hardware options to choose what suits your requirements.
Advanced webmasters running very large and heavily used sites.
$100 to $1,000 per month.